SunPower's trademarks and brands are extremely important and valuable assets of the corporation. The following guidelines are intended for using SunPower's trademarks properly and to ensure proper brand compliance.
Use/misuse of the trademarks displayed on this website, or on any other content on this website, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that the SunPower Corporation will vigorously enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
Click below to jump to a specific section of this Trademark and Brand Compliance Guidelines page:
- Applicability of Guidelines
- General Guidelines
- Permission to Use SunPower's Trademarks, Logos, Photographs or other Copyrighted Material
- SunPower's Trademarks
- Attribution Statements
- Social Media
- Company, Service, Product, and Domain Names
Applicability of Guidelines
These Guidelines apply to SunPower employees, customers, licensees, consultants, outside vendors, and other third parties. Note that if you are a licensee of SunPower's Trademark, the agreement that you signed with SunPower may contain specific usage guidelines that differ from those contained within these Guidelines, and in such case you should follow those specific guidelines provided within such agreement.
The following are general guidelines for the use of SunPower Corporation's trademarks, logos and other branded material:
- You may not use SunPower trademarks unless you receive permission to use SunPower's trademarks.
- Use proper descriptors when identifying SunPower's branded products.
- Use SunPower's trademarks as adjectives, never as a noun or a verb, and never in the plural or possessive form.
- SunPower's trademarks cannot be used in a manner that may imply sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement between SunPower Corporation and your company, products or services.
- You must make accurate representation of your relationship with SunPower. For example, if you are an Authorized Dealer or Distributor of SunPower, you must abide by SunPower's specific guidelines provided within such agreement between you and SunPower. If you are not an Authorized Dealer or Distributor of SunPower, you may not use SunPower's logos or branded material. You also cannot claim to be an Authorized Dealer or Distributor.
Permission to Use SunPower's Trademarks, Logos, Photographs or other Copyrighted Material
The materials displayed on this website are the property of SunPower Corporation. In other words: All rights, title and interest (including all trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property rights) to the content included on this website, such as text, graphics, logos, photographs, button, icon, images, audio clips, digital downloads, and data compilations, is the property of SunPower Corporation and is protected by United States and International Copyright Laws.
Do not imitate SunPower's trademarks, logos, trade dress, or other elements of SunPower's trademarks in any of your materials, including but limited to advertising, product packaging, Web sites, and promotional materials.
Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on this website. You may not reproduce, redistribute or otherwise use any materials without the express written consent of SunPower Corporation. SunPower Corporation's trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not SunPower Corporation's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers or in any manner that disparages or discredits SunPower.
You must be granted express permission to use SunPower's trademarks, logos, photographs or other copyrighted material.
Note, some of SunPower's trademarks may not appear on this list, which does not constitute a lack of ownership and does not waive any and all intellectual property rights that SunPower has established in any marks.
List of SunPower's U.S. Trademarks
Bottle the Sun®
Demand Better Solar ®
Experiential Learning. Expanding Opportunities.®
Light on Land®
Smarter Solar ®
The Power of One®
Whenever SunPower's trademarks are used, a trademark attribution statement must be included to assign proper ownership. The statement should read:
- "[Alphabetical list of SunPower's marks used] are trademarks or registered trademarks of SunPower Corporation in the U.S.. All Rights Reserved."
You may not use any of SunPower's trademarks as the name of your social media account, and any and all pages or communities should not include any of SunPower's trademarks. Any associated account, page or community images should also not include any of SunPower's logos.
You may only use SunPower's trademarks if you have secured permission from SunPower through a license or equivalent, or you are using a SunPower trademark (not including logos) to describe the purpose of your account, page, or community without suggesting affiliation with SunPower.
Company, Service, Product, and Domain Names
You may not register any of SunPower's trademarks, or any potentially confusing variation thereof, as part of your company name, trade name, service name, product name or domain name.
You may not combine your company name, trade name, service name, product name or domain name in conjunction with any of SunPower's trademarks.
You may not manufacture, sell, or give away any merchandise items that bear any of SunPower's trademarks, including logos, except pursuant to express permission from SunPower.
For permission to request use SunPower's trademarks and other trademark and brand compliance related questions, please email email@example.com.