The most comprehensive complete-system warranty in the solar industry.
The highest DC power output protection in the solar industry: 92% DC power in year 25.*
- *. Based on Jan. 2019 review of warranties on manufacturer websites for top 20 manufacturers per IHS 2018.
Coverage for defects related to workmanship and materials for 25 years.
25-Year Industry-Leading Warranty
The SunPower® Complete Confidence Warranty is the only home solar warranty to cover your whole system (not just the panels), so you never have to wonder which company you can depend on.*
- *. SunPower monitoring hardware warranty 10 years duration.
A better warranty starts with a better product
Every part of your SunPower® Equinox™ system is meticulously designed to work perfectly together, and rigorously tested for long-term reliability.
Pitfalls of typical conventional solar warranties
Each manufacturer’s warranty covers one component of the entire system, leaving you with at least 4 separate warranties (panel, inverter, racking, monitoring). With a conventional solar warranty:
- You must pay to package and ship defective panels
- You must present the original physical proof of purchase
- You must pay to replace panels damaged from rust
- Hardware functionality is treated as binary (either it's on or off)
Benefits of our Complete Confidence warranty
SunPower is the only company that stands behind your entire system, not just the panels. We also:
- Provide repair or replacement at no additional cost; includes labor and shipping*
- Don’t require receipts, proof of purchase or written claims
- Cover rust damage, such as in seaside installations*
- Treat the system as a whole
|SunPower® Complete Confidence Warranty||Conventional Solar Panel Warranty*|
|25 years||10 years|
- *. Representative of standard efficiency solar manufacturers. Competitor warranty information provided from latest warranty documentation from various conventional panel manufacturer websites as of June 2017.
- *. Shipping of new panel covered by some conventional warranties.
- *. 25-year coverage for all core components on the roof: solar panels, microinverters and racking system. 10-year product warranty term for monitoring hardware.
Power, product, and service, we’ve got you covered
SunPower covers 100% of repair or replacement costs, while conventional solar warranties don’t.* Labor, shipping, parts – we’ve got your covered for 25 years.**† Plus we guarantee that your panels won’t lose more than 8% of their original DC power output in 25 years. Compare that to 19% for conventional solar.
Note: 10-year product warranty term for monitoring hardware.
- *. Representative of standard efficiency solar manufacturers such as Trina, YingLi and Canadian Solar. Competitor warranty information provided from latest warranty documents, as of 2017.
- **. Shipping covered by some conventional warranties.
- †. 25-year coverage for all core components on the roof: solar panels, micro-inverters, and racking systems. 10-year product warranty term for monitoring hardware.
Find out your savings potential by switching to solar.