Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Powering a More Equitable Workforce
We are committed to creating a strong culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion at SunPower.
Our differences make us stronger. We are diverse in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, faith, veteran status, ability, and much more. We celebrate these differences. The way we identify ourselves also extends beyond these foundations to diversity of thought and perspective, a range of approaches to problem-solving, and different life experiences. The value we place on diversity is reflected in the way we treat each other and our communities.
Together we are powerful. The power of inclusion is in valuing everyone and their unique contribution. It is important for all our employees to be respected, welcomed, and feel that they are part of something bigger. A culture of inclusion leads to more innovation, healthier working relationships, better decision-making, more fulfilled employees, a better ability to serve our customers, and ultimately a company that does well by doing good.
We lead with intention. SunPower values diversity of all kinds, and our people and leadership foster inclusion. Our leaders are expected to lead by example. This starts with building awareness on the part of every SunPower employee and holding ourselves accountable. We are committed to never stop listening, learning, and improving.
What we do:
- Conduct annual pay parity reviews to ensure we pay our employees equitably.
- Support an active and passionate community of employee resource groups (ERGs) which host employee events designed to actively engage employees, grow leadership skills, offer a sense of belonging and strengthen SunPower’s culture of inclusivity.
- Partner with diverse student and professional societies in colleges and universities for internships and employment opportunities.
While these initiatives are important, we can – and must – do more. We commit to:
- Adhering to the principles of the CEO Pledge, which all of our executive leadership team has taken.
- Assessing our hiring and promotion processes to ensure that diversity is prioritized.
- Recruiting at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and diverse trade associations and student and professional societies for both internships and employment opportunities.
- Urging employees to use their paid Volunteer Time Off by offering their service to local groups focused on diversity, inclusion, and empowerment, and offering employees additional information and resources as to worthy organizations for these causes.
- Creating an evaluation process to track minority-owned vendors and partners, and a policy of proactively including minority-owned businesses in the RFP process.
- Providing resources and support for employee-led employee resource groups within SunPower.
- Maintaining a regular dialogue with our management and board of directors on diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and priorities.
- Defining and reporting on metrics and goals to measure progress to greater diversity in our company.
- Providing STEM educational programs to underserved communities.
Achieving diversity and inclusiveness is a continuous journey, and as we take meaningful, actionable steps along the way, we empower a more equitable workforce, and a better world for generations to come.