SunPower strives for transparency and a high level of accountability in our sustainability policies and practices.
Environment, Health & Safety Policy
SunPower is dedicated to conduct business that promotes a healthy, safe, clean, and sustainable environment. The following commitments set the framework for the EH&S Management System:
- Promote an injury-free workplace and prevent occupational illness
- Protect the environment by preventing pollution from our business operations
- Fulfill our compliance obligations arising from interested parties
- Continually improve our IMS to enhance our environmental and safety performance
- Involve the participation of workers and worker’s representatives in the IMS process
- Develop our products to minimize environmental impact throughout their lifecycle
- Optimize energy, water and greenhouse gas consumption in our processes to minimize impact to climate change.
Better Business Bureau
Supplier Sustainability Guidelines
To ensure SunPower operations are carried out under the highest legal, financial and corporate social responsibility (CSR) standards, we have adopted Supplier Sustainability Guidelines, based on the Solar Energies Industry Association's (SEIA) Solar Commitment, which define common practices and expectations for all solar industry participants, including manufacturers, suppliers, subcontractors, and customers in the solar value chain.
We are proactively reaching out to minority, women, small, and veteran-owned enterprises to support local economic development in communities around the world. In the USA, we conduct extensive outreach to identify diverse businesses interested in working with SunPower. We also work with industry trade associations, independent business development councils, and national diverse supplier databases to develop our network of diverse suppliers.
Conflict Minerals Policy
SunPower fully supports the goals and objections of Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
SunPower Human Rights Statement
SunPower Corporation and all of its subsidiaries are committed to human rights and, as such, are focused on the elimination of human trafficking and slavery from its direct supply chain.