REDDING, CA, GOES SOLAR WITH SUNPOWER®
Go solar in the city of the Sundial Bridge
The State of Solar in Mesa
Mesa, AZ, is one of the sunniest cities in the U.S., with a UV index of 6.4 and a staggering 301 sunny days per year*—46.8% more than the national average. It's no wonder that 146,000 rooftops, equating to 94% of all rooftops in the city, are solar viable.*
How much solar energy does Mesa produce?
As of November 2018, the city has about 2,200 existing solar installations, with roughly 6.4% of the city's energy production coming from renewable sources via the Salt River Project (SRP). In 2020, Mesa also began receiving energy from Saint Solar, a 100 MW solar plant also owned by SRP.
What are the advantages of going solar in Mesa?
Given the abundance of sunshine in Mesa, going solar can offer significant energy cost savings. While current electricity rates in the city are about 7% less than the national average at 11.88 cents per kWh,* they are expected to rise, potentially reaching 22.4 cents per kWh over the next 25 years. In that same period, the levelized cost of solar is estimated at just 4.5 cents per kWh.*
The price of going solar in Arizona as a whole has also dropped 45% over the last five years.* The average solar system in Mesa now pays for itself in roughly 8-9 years.* Some homeowners breakeven even earlier thanks to Mesa's net metering policy.
Net metering allows you to receive a credit for any excess energy you produce that can be used if you rely on the grid in times of low energy production, such as at nighttime or rainy days.*
How much does solar cost in Mesa?
The cost of a home solar system can vary, even in the same city, due to a range of factors, including the:
Quality of the solar system
Household's energy needs
Available roof space
To help you understand the price of going solar in your area, we've analyzed SunPower price quotes, as well as quotes gathered by third-party sources for thousands of homeowners across the country. *
In Arizona, we found that the cost of installing a 5 kW solar system ranges from $13,600 to $29,100, or in other words, from $2.72 to $5.82 per watt. And that's before considering the benefits of any available tax credits or incentives.
Mesa residents can benefit from a range of financial incentives. To start, there is the Residential Arizona Solar Tax Credit which allows residents to receive a 25% reimbursement for their solar panel installation.* This reimbursement comes in the form of a personal tax credit.
Some Mesa residents are also eligible for the Solar Equipment Sales Tax Exemption, eliminating all sales taxes on their solar systems. Similarly, the Energy Equipment Property Tax Exemption prevents homeowners from paying additional property taxes after installing solar panels.
Solar tax incentives also exist at the federal level. The Federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC) offers a tax credit of 26% of your solar system installation and equipment costs.* This incentive can offset the cost of your solar system, making it more affordable than ever to go solar in Mesa.
What's the best way to go solar in Mesa?
The best way to determine the ideal solar system for your property is to contact a professional, experienced solar energy company. Not every solar system offers the same benefits, durability, or energy efficiency, and the overall quality of your system depends heavily on the solar provider you choose.
A reputable solar company like SunPower will help you choose the perfect solar system for your home through in-person or online consultations and custom solar designs. During your consultation, before signing a contract, you should receive a system design, monthly electric bill savings estimate, price quote, and an overview of available incentives and tax credits.
Schedule a free consultation with one of our solar experts today to get started switching your Mesa property to clean solar energy. We'll contact you to find a convenient time to review your solar options in-person or virtually. You're also welcome to call us directly at (800) 786-7693.
Looking for commercial solar in Mesa?
SunPower is the #1 Commercial Solar Provider in the U.S.* Schedule a commercial solar consultation today.
- *. Best Places. Climate in Mesa, AZ, March 2021.
- *. Project Sunroof data explorer (November 2018).
- *. Electricity Local. Electricity Rates in Mesa, AZ. April 2021.
- *. Solar Reviews, How Much Do Solar Panels Cost in Arizona, March 2021.
- *. SEIA, Arizona Solar, Q4 2020
- *. Solar Reviews, Guide to Solar Panels in Mesa, AZ, March 2021.
- *. The availability of net metering varies by location and is subject to change. Your SunPower Dealer can help you determine if you qualify. You can also visit the dsireusa.org website for detailed solar policy information.
- *. Local Solar Installers 2020/2021, Solar Reviews 2021, Energy Sage 2021, Wood Mackenzie 2020, National Renewable Energy Laboratory 2020
- *. Local incentives and rebates vary and are subject to change. SunPower does not warrant, guarantee or otherwise advise its customers about their ability to qualify for local incentives. Your SunPower Dealer can help you determine incentives available in your area. Visit dsireusa.org for detailed solar policy information.
- *. Tax credits subject to change. SunPower does not warrant, guarantee or otherwise advise its partners or customers about specific tax outcomes. Consult your tax advisor regarding the solar tax credit and how it applies to your specific circumstances. Visit dsireusa.org for detailed solar policy information.
- *. Wood Mackenzie, US PV Leaderboard (March 2021). SunPower ranked #1 in cumulative commercial volume 2017-2020
SunPower® Design Studio
See what your home looks like with solar
SunPower currently creates thousands of solar designs per week for our customers. Now we can create thousands per second.