SPOKANE, WA, GOES SOLAR WITH SUNPOWER®
Lilac City poised for an influx of clean solar energy
The state of solar in Spokane
Spokane may be in “rainy” Washington State, but the city gets a significant amount of annual sunshine with an average of 171 sunny days per year.* And with 76% of the rooftops solar-viable,* it’s easy to see why businesses and residents all over Spokane are turning to clean solar power as a renewable energy solution.
How much solar energy does Spokane produce?
Spokane generates an average of 4.72 kWh per day.* With that much power generation each day, more people are beginning to realize the significant advantages of choosing clean energy.
What are the advantages of going solar in Spokane?
One of the most important benefits is the positive impact a person or family have on the environment. You’ll reduce your carbon footprint considerably, and using a clean, renewable energy source will reduce the number of pollutants your household releases into the atmosphere.*
In additional to saving fossil fuels, you can also save a lot of money. On average, Spokane residents save up to $728 every year, with an estimated 20-year savings of $21,840.* It’s plain to see how the savings from a solar energy system can add up quickly, providing businesses and homeowners with a cost-effective way to generate their own power.
How much does solar cost in Spokane?
The cost of a home solar system can vary, even in the same city, due to various factors. This includes:
Available roof space
Quality of the system
Household energy requirements
To help you understand the price of going solar in your area, we’ve analyzed SunPower price quotes as well as quotes gathered by third-party sources for thousands of homeowners across the country.
In Washington state, we found that the average investment to own a 5 kW solar system is $14,000, or in other words, $2.80 per watt. Those prices are without the significant money-saving benefits of any available tax credits or incentives.
For example, you can qualify for a federal tax credit of up to 26%. This can help you reduce the overall costs of your solar system installation by thousands of dollars.*
What to consider when going solar in Spokane
Over the last five years, Spokane residents have enjoyed a 43% decrease in the total cost of a complete solar system installation.* With those kinds of savings, there’s no reason not to switch to clean solar energy.
Once you add in all the available tax credits and incentives, you can dramatically drop the price of installing a new solar system for your home or business.
For instance, the Washington State Renewable Energy System Incentive Program—available to residential, commercial, shared, and community solar projects—can offset the cost of your solar system by 50%. It also offers the option of receiving yearly payments up to eight years, or until the amount paid reaches the 50% mark of your total costs.*
What’s the best way to go solar in Spokane?
If you want to go solar in Spokane, it’s important to remember that the quality, appearance, and durability of your system will vary significantly based on which solar provider you choose. Also, the number and size of the panels you need will depend on different variables like your budget, specific energy needs, and available roof space.
If you want to generate surplus electricity and sell it back to the power company—a process known as net metering*—you might opt for maximizing available roof space with a larger system.
If you’re more interested in preserving the aesthetics of your home, or minimizing upfront costs, you may opt for a smaller system with high-efficiency panels.
Either way, getting started is easy. Simply request a free consultation with SunPower. We’ll follow up with a quick call to schedule your first appointment. You can also call us directly at (800) 786-7693.
Looking for commercial solar in Spokane?
SunPower is the top commercial solar provider in the U.S.* Schedule a commercial solar consultation today.
- *. Seia.org: Washington Solar. Updated January 2021. https://www.seia.org/state-solar-policy/washington-solar
- *. Google, Project Sunroof data explorer (November 2018). https://sunroof.withgoogle.com/data-explorer/place/ChIJ5ee7MFwYnlQRsdmEC...
- *. EnergySage.com: Solar Panels in Spokane, WA. Updated 6/26/2021. https://www.energysage.com/local-data/solar-panel-cost/wa/spokane-county...
- *. BestPlaces.net: Spokane, Washington. Accessed July 1, 2021. https://www.bestplaces.net/climate/city/washington/spokane
- *. Washington State University Energy Program: Eligibility & Incentive Rates. Accessed July 1, 202. http://www.energy.wsu.edu/RenewableEnergySystemIncentiveProgram/Eligibil...
- *. Tax credits and incentives are subject to change. Visit dsireusa.org for detailed solar policy information.
- *. OhmHomeNow.com: Costs of solar panels in Spokane: WA: Best Solar Companies, Cost and Installation. Accessed July 1, 2021. https://www.ohmhomenow.com/solar-panels/washington/spokane/
- *. Solar Energy Local: Solar Power in Spokane, WA. Accessed July 1, 2021. https://www.solarenergylocal.com/states/washington/spokane/
- *. The availability of net metering varies by location and is subject to change. Visit dsireusa.org for detailed solar policy information.
- *. Wood Mackenzie, US PV Leaderboard (March 2021). SunPower ranked #1 in cumulative commercial volume 2017-2020
SunPower® Design Studio
See what your home looks like with solar
SunPower currently creates thousands of solar designs per week for our customers. Now we can create thousands per second.