SunPower's Solutions for Homebuilders
Zero in on the Future of Net Zero
Introducing the Homebuilding Industry's leading solar solution
Our complete home solar solution offers homebuilders a powerful, efficient and easy to implement solar program - available at no cost to the builder.
ZERO IN on Experience
As the industry’s most trusted solar partner for nearly 15 years, SunPower’s products and services are specifically designed for code compliance, cost reduction and operational excellence providing builders an unparalleled solution at zero cost to the builder.
ZERO IN on Performance
Meet and exceed the 2020 code requirements by partnering with SunPower – the #1 choice of homebuilders with over 500,000 residential solar installations worldwide and 40,000 new home solar installations nationwide.
ZERO IN on Stellar Support
SunPower manufactures and offers a complete solar power solution – including solar panels, mounting system, inverter, energy monitoring and solar energy storage. We have over 100 team members dedicated to our new homes business, strategic partnerships with top roofing and solar installation companies and a large fleet of SunPower installation and customer service technicians.
ZERO IN on Superior Technology
SunPower leads the way in residential solar – delivering record-setting technologies and innovative solutions that are as attractive as they are powerful. The SunPower® Equinox™ System produces up to 55% more energy in the same space over the first 25 years* with 70% fewer visible parts*.
ZERO IN on Success
With exemplary customer service and a 25-year warranty, builders can rest easy knowing SunPower will be taking care of their homebuyers every step of the way.
- *. SunPower 400 W, 22.6% efficient, compared to a Conventional Panel on same-sized arrays (280 W p-multi, 17% efficient, approx. 1.64 m²), 8% more energy per watt (based on PVSim runs for avg US climate), 0.5%/yr slower degradation rate (Jordan, et. al. Robust PV Degradation Methodology and Application. PVSC 2018).
- *. Analysis of the SunPower Equinox system versus residential solar systems containing conventional panels, string inverters and racking hardware.
Our Valued Partners
#1 Choice for Homebuilders
Since 2005, SunPower has been the solar of choice for America's top homebuilders. Our cutting-edge solutions drive homebuilder value and help set their communities apart from the competition. With over 40,000 new home systems installed in over 1,000 communities nationwide, SunPower is the clear choice and market leader when it comes to new home construction.
If you have a community that is ready to go solar, SunPower has programs designed for during and after construction.
Call 1-877-34-HOMES (1-877-344-6637) today to bring solar to your community..
Superior Performance. Superior Aesthetics.
Not all solar is the same. SunPower manufactures panels with the highest energy production* and unmatched reliability.* SunPower® Solar Panels produce 55% more energy over the first 25 years than conventional panels.* This means less roof space is needed for the same amount of solar production.
- *. Most energy per rated watt out of 151 panels tested. Photon International, Feb 2013.
- *. #1 rank in "PV Module Durability Initiative Public Report," Fraunhofer CSE, Feb 2013. Five out of the top 8 largest manufacturers were tested. Campeau, Z. et al. "SunPower Module Degradation Rate," SunPower white paper, Feb 2013. See www.sunpower.com/facts for details.
- *. SunPower 327W compared to a Conventional Panel (250W, 15.3% efficient, approx. 1.6 m2), 8% more energy per watt, 0.75%/yr slower degradation. BEW/DNV Eng. "SunPower Yield Report," Jan 2013. Jordan, Dirk “SunPower Test Report,” NREL, Oct 2012. Campeau, Z. et al. "SunPower Module Degradation Rate," SunPower white paper, Feb 2013. See www.sunpower.com/facts for details.
With our fun and simple online tools, it is easier than ever for homeowners to stay connected and watch their savings grow. They can monitor their SunPower solar system and see their energy production with a computer or mobile device.
Your Success is Our Business
Direct Solar Consultation Program: Our experts are available to speak directly to your homebuyers about the financial benefits of going solar at new-home construction.
Sales Training: Instructor-led and web-based training programs help our partners communicate the benefits of owning a SunPower system during the home buying process.
Collaborative Marketing: Flexible marketing programs highlight the value of solar at each step of the purchasing process.
Make Home Ownership More Affordable
Living in your solar homes can cost less than comparable homes without solar. And there’s never been a better time for home buyers to add solar than during new-home construction.
- Volume pricing
- Construction efficiency
- Available rebates in select states
- Ability to roll cost into mortgage
Whether offering solar systems as a standard feature or an optional upgrade, we will work with you to build homes that save money and make energy.
Contact us to create a customized sales program for your community.