SunPower® Product Discount ProgramEmpowering innovators and future solar energy leaders
SunPower’s Product Discount Program enables universities and qualified organizations to purchase SunPower products at a significant discount for educational purposes and community-related projects. Proceeds from this program help fund SunPower’s philanthropic programs that provide underserved communities with access to energy.
- We accept applications at any time
- Responses typically take 3 to 4 weeks
- An organization holding a current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3), (4), (6) or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code
- A recognized government entity: state, county, or city agency, including law enforcement or fire departments, that are requesting funds exclusively for public purposes
- A K-12 public or private school, charter school, community/junior college, state/private college or university
Terms and Conditions
- No warranties are offered
- Requesting organization is responsible for shipping costs
- Products cannot be resold
- Only requests submitted through the online Product Request Form will be considered. Product requests submitted by mail, phone, or e-mail will be directed to the online application process.
- In some cases, a phone conference may be scheduled as part of the review process. Please note that we receive many requests and cannot accommodate all.
Friends of Hog Island (FOHI)
Friends of Hog Island, a camp focused on conservation and the environment off the coast of Maine, installed 96 SunPower solar panels on the camp’s buildings. The solar systems power 70- 90 percent of the camp’s mainland electricity needs, allowing them to reinvest that savings back into their camp programs.
The DURA Home
The New York City College of Technology built a home with a stackable design to be used for mobile and low-income housing in urban areas or for disaster relief. Their DURA (Diverse, Urban, Resilient, Adaptable) home won 5th place in the energy category of the 2015 Solar Decathlon, and features SunPower solar panels from the Product Discount Program.