This Notice is effective as of June 2014.
This Notice applies to the personally identifiable information that we collect or receive from:
- Consumers who request solar panel system financing to obtain our solar panels and related products and/or services (“customers”); and
- Correspondence, telephone, email or similar communications, to, or received from our customers.
- We only collect the personally identifiable information necessary for the purpose of managing the customer’s account and responding to the customer’s requests for assistance regarding our solar panels and related services;
- We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures to protect your privacy and ensure the confidentiality and security of your personally identifiable information;
- We do not share your personally identifiable information with Non-Affiliated Entities for marketing purposes;
- We do not sell customer personally identifiable information;
- We contractually require any person or organization that provides products or services on our behalf to protect our customers’ personally identifiable information; and
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use personally identifiable information for their own marketing purposes.
WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW
The types of personally identifiable information we collect depend on the product and service that you have with us. This personally identifiable information can include:
- Contact information (name, address, phone number, email address of the owners or co-owners of the dwelling);
- Proof of identity;
- Social Security number;
- Account balances and payment history;
- Credit scores and history;
- Employment and income information; and
- Utility bills.
We collect your personally identifiable information for example when you:
- Apply for a lease or other form of financing;
- Give us your income information or provide employment information;
- Provide account information or give us your contact information;
- Enter into a relationship with SunPower Capital, LLC or its Affiliates;
- Use an online account; and
- Use one of our financing products or services. We also receive your personally identifiable information from information services and consumer reporting agencies.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We use personally identifiable information about customers to:
- Provide them with data regarding our solar products and financing services (marketing);
- Send correspondences, including electronic communications;
- Create and maintain their account;
- Create an online account; and
- Create lease relationships or other forms of financing.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We may share relevant personally identifiable information:
- Companies related by common ownership or control, financial and/or nonfinancial companies, joint ventures or subsidiaries of SunPower Capital, LLC (“Affiliates”);
- Distributors, dealers, installers, agents and other companies that perform services for us (“Non- Affiliated Entities”);
- Financial institutions, or their organic subsidiaries, who finance the leases and other forms of financing, and other entities who help manage the leases and other forms of financing, send you notice of payments due, and reminders of past due payments (“Financial Institutions”);
- Credit Bureau (regarding late payments, missed payments or other defaults on your account); and
- Government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce our rights, or respond to legal requests made in compliance with applicable law (subpoena, search warrant, court order).
- Our everyday business purposes in order to process your transactions and maintain your account(s);
- Our compliance with applicable law, to respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus;
- Our marketing purposes to offer our products and services to you;
- Affiliates’ everyday business purposes regarding your transactions and experiences; and
- Financial Institutions’ purposes, in order to provide jointly with SunPower Capital, LLC and its Affiliates, administrative services in conjunction with the distribution of the solar panels under joint venture agreement.
We will not share personally identifiable information we collect with Non-Affiliated Entities except as permitted by California law, such as to process your transaction or to maintain your account.
When you are no longer a customer, we may continue to share your personally identifiable information as described in this notice.
All customers are granted the right to access, modify, correct, delete, or update their personally identifiable information. To do so, please contact us as indicated below.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
If a material change is made to this Notice, a revised version of this Notice will be made available to you.
By phone: 1-800-SUNPOWER or 1-800-786-7693
By Email: email@example.com