SunPower® Operations & Maintenance
One service provider for all your solar assets
SunPower is the only global O&M provider servicing both commercial and utility portfolios. As the primary services provider for some of the world’s leading companies, energy providers and financiers, SunPower currently manages over 950 commercial and utility systems, totaling nearly 3 GW.
Whatever the size of your project or the equipment you have installed, SunPower® Services has the global reach, best-in-class service and unparalleled expertise you need to make the most of your solar assets—all available from a single provider.
Utility-scale Power Plants
Go Solar with SunPower®
- Performance Engineering and Analytics
Our dedicated engineering team supports field services, utilizing state-of-the-art monitoring software to create fully customized alarms for each project to facilitate rapid issue response.
SunPower’s proprietary solar simulation software, PVSim, utilizes weather data from meteorological stations and satellites for real-time performance optimization. All of this gives customers unmatched insight into the performance of their plants.
- Low-cost Cleaning Services
SunPower provides cost-effective robotic cleaning that can clean panels 20x faster than manual methods*—allowing for rapid response to soiling issues. The robots are deployed at night to minimize impact on energy generation and require very little water to operate, making them an optimal choice for projects with limited access to water.
- *. Based on experience with robotic cleaning at actual SunPower sites, compared to data tracked by subcontracted manual cleaners utilized at a SunPower project.
Unmatched Field and Safety Training
SunPower works tirelessly to ensure a safe job site, with standards formulated from decades of experience designing, building and maintaining solar installations around the world. All on-site personnel are required to participate in continuous safety training and technical certification programs. SunPower has a robust program to collect safety trends at all projects—including near misses and good catches—to share with SunPower employees, owners and subcontractors.
SunPower offers a comprehensive suite of services offerings to meet the need of any project, regardless of system type.
Remote Operations and Control
The SunPower Remote Operation and Control Center provides real-time, proactive monitoring across the globe— addressing potential production issues before they occur.
- 24x7 real-time performance monitoring and alarm management
- Outage coordination and primary point of contact with utilities, grid and transmission operators
- Remote plant control
- Dispatch of field technicians
- Monthly production and operations reports
- Performance analysis and optimization
- Energy forecasting
- NERC compliance for U.S. power plants
- Remote security monitoring
- AC and DC system inspection
- Drone IR scanning
- Structural and mechanical system inspection
- Inverter maintenance per manufacturer’s spec
- MV and HV system maintenance
- Meteorological station calibration and cleaning
- SCADA validation and upgrades
- Emergency response
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Spare parts inventory management
- Warranty administration with manufacturers
- Supervision of warranty repairs
- Parts procurement
- Labor for out of warranty repairs
- Module cleaning
- Grounds inspection
- Vegetation management
- O&M building maintenance
- Financial and budgetary oversight
- Contract management
- Stakeholder management
- Regulatory compliance
- Account and tax management
- Performance audit and component testing
- Diagnostic and failure analysis
- Plant repowering and retrofits
- Energy storage systems
- Owner’s rep during construction
- Cyber security audit
Want to know how SunPower can meet your project needs? Talk to our experts.