Have you ever encountered an error in your SunPower Customer Portal stating that there is lost communication in your system or dashboard is not updating? If this happens, it is possible that you have an Internet Communication Down (ICD). This means that your SunPower system doesn’t report production to the SunPower server.
Here are the LED indicators for SMS 6.x:
- Green - PVS6 is booting up but is not ready yet
- Purple - PVS6 is ready and operating normally
- Blue - PVS6 is downloading and updating its firmware (FW)
- Orange - PVS6 firmware update failed; -OR- the USB drive is still plugged into the PVS6 (after the update was downloaded from the USB drive onto the PVS6)
- Solid red - There is a critical error and the PVS6 is not functioning normally
Power Cycle the PVS6 breaker. Wait for 2 minutes before turning the switch on again.
Troubleshooting Your Home Internet Connection
You can skip this section if you can get online using any Wi-Fi enabled devices such as a computer, tablet, or cellphone.
Disconnect your router cables and reconnect after 10 seconds.
Wait 15 minutes and log on to https://monitor.sunpower.com.
If you still can’t get online, please contact your internet service provider (such as AT&T or Verizon)
Troubleshooting the Router
Check if your SunPower monitoring enclosure (mounted in your garage or on the side of your home) has a direct connection to the router using an Ethernet cable.
Refresh your browser after 15 minutes.
Log on to https://monitor.us.sunpower.com.
How can you check for the type of monitoring system do you have?
System components and serial numbers can be found under Settings > System Components in your SunPower Customer Portal or in your SunPower Lease Agreement.