The most comprehensive complete-system warranty in the solar industry.
The highest power output protection in the solar industry: 92% in year 25.*
- *. Jordan, Dirk “SunPower Test Report,” NREL, Q4-2014; Campeau, Z. et al. "SunPower Module Degradation Rate," SunPower white paper, Feb 2013.
Coverage for defects related to workmanship and materials for 25 years.
Hassle-free replacement, repair or reimbursement for any defective panel.
25-Year Industry-Leading Warranty
The SunPower® Complete Confidence Warranty is the only home solar warranty to cover your whole system (not just the panels), so you never have to wonder which company you can depend on.
A better warranty starts with a better product
Every part of your SunPower Equinox™ system is meticulously designed and built by SunPower to work perfectly together, and rigorously tested for long-term reliability.
Pitfalls of conventional solar warranties
Each manufacturer’s warranty covers one component of entire system, leaving you with at least 4 separate warranties (panel, inverter, racking, monitoring). With a conventional solar warranty you must also:
- Pay to package and ship defective panels
- Present original physical proof of purchase
- Pay to replace panels damaged from rust
Benefits of our Complete Confidence warranty
SunPower is the only company that stands behind your entire system, not just the panels. We also:
Power, product, and service, we’ve got you covered
SunPower covers 100% of repair or replacement costs, while conventional solar warranties don’t.* Labor, shipping, parts – we’ve got your covered for 25 years.**† Plus we guarantee that your panels won’t lose more than 8% of its original power output in 25 years. Compare that to 19% for conventional solar.
Note: 10-year product warranty term for monitoring hardware.
- *. Representative of standard efficiency solar manufacturers such as Trina, YingLi and Canadian Solar. Competitor warranty information provided from latest warranty documents, as of 2017.
- **. Shipping covered by some conventional warranties.
- †. 25-year coverage for all core components on the roof: solar panels, micro-inverters, and racking systems. 10-year product warranty term for monitoring hardware.
Find out your savings potential by switching to solar.