SunPower customer Target Inc. this year earned the No. 1 spot on a report ranking the amount of solar installed by U.S. businesses.
Target (147.5MW installed) wasn’t the only SunPower customer recognized for having a significant amount of solar. Seven of the Top 10 companies with the most solar installed have SunPower® systems: Walmart (145 MW), Prologis (107.8 MW), Apple (93.9 MW), Costco (50.7 MW), Macy’s (38.9 MW) and Hartz Mountain Industries (22.7 MW). Last year, six of the Top 10 had partnered with SunPower to go solar.
Other companies recognized in the report’s Top 10 for their amount of solar capacity and number of solar installations include Kohl’s (50.2 MW), IKEA (44 MW) and General Growth Properties, Inc. (30.2 MW).
New SunPower® Helix™ System for Large-Scale Solar Projects
A primary reason that our commercial partners select SunPower is to get best solar products in the world. For those partners, we are now installing our newest commercial solar solution: the Helix system.
Launched a year ago, Helix systems have been installed by schools, large retailers and other commercial enterprises. The Helix system features include:
- The highest efficiency solar panels on the market1, producing 60 percent more energy from the same space over the first 25 years than conventional panels.2
- Mounting hardware that maximizes roof coverage, enabling the Helix system to achieve the leading energy density in solar with 72 percent more energy generated over 25 years when compared to conventional solar power systems.3
- A plug-and-play power station with factory installed connectors, which eliminates wiring and the need for tools on site, reducing labor costs during installation and improving reliability.
- SunPower® EnergyLink™ software, a comprehensive, intelligence software for solar which provides usage data to identify savings opportunities.
SunPower congratulates our commercial business solar partners on being recognized by SEIA. As part of their efforts to increase their energy efficiency, save money and help the environment, these companies have chosen to install clean, emission-free solar power.
- Are Solar Panels Worth It? Evaluating Your Business’s Return on Potential Solar Solutions
- What to Expect When You Go Solar: 4 Stages to Completing a New Commercial Solar Installation
- SunPower® Helix™ Commercial Solar Popular With Schools, Major Retailers, Other Businesses
1 Highest of over 3,200 silicon solar panels, Photon Module Survey, Feb 2014.
2SunPower 327W compared to a Conventional Panel (250W, 15.3% efficient, approx. 1.6 m2), 8% more energy per watt, 0.75%/yr slower degradation. BEW/DNV Eng. “SunPower Yield Report,” 2013. Campeau, Z. et al. “SunPower Module Degradation Rate,” SunPower white paper, 2013.
3 SunPower 327W panel with Helix dual-tilt (DT) compared to standard efficiency Conventional 260W panel and flat roof mounting system.