Solar Project Facts
Fort Churchill Solar is a planned 19.9 megawatt photovoltaic solar power plant in Lyon County. Over the course of construction, the project will create approximately 100 solar jobs, contribute upwards of $2 million in revenue for local businesses and create enough clean, solar energy to serve nearly 12,000 Nevada homes.
Location: Lyon County, Nevada
Capacity: 19.9 megawatts
Operator: Sierra Pacific Power company d/b/a NV Energy
Technology: SunPower® C7 Tracker
About the Fort Churchill Solar Project
SunPower Corporation is the developer of the project, as well as the engineering, procurement and construction contractor. The project is being built with SunPower® C7 Tracker advanced concentrating photovoltaic technology and will operate emissions-free for 25 years.
Solar Economic Benefits
- Approximately 100 solar jobs created during 8-month construction period
- $1.3 million to $2 million in construction revenue for local businesses
- Additional indirect local economic stimulus from project construction
Solar Environmental Benefits
- High-efficiency solar panels and tracking technology optimize land use1
- Generation of clean, emissions-free solar electricity to power the equivalent of approximately 12,000 Nevada households
- Avoidance of more than 30,000 tons of carbon dioxide emissions per year—the equivalent of removing almost 6,400 cars from the road2
- “Light-on-land” construction and operation practices avoid adverse environmental impacts
- 1. Highest out of all 2600 panels listed in Photon International, Feb 2012
- 2. PA Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator, http://www.epa.gov/cleanenergy/energy-resources/calculator.html
Contact the Fort Churchill Solar Project
For more information about the Fort Churchill Solar Project, contact email@example.com. Please include your name and preferred method of contact (phone number or email address) within your inquiry to ensure a timely response.