Fort Churchill Solar is a planned 19.9 megawatt photovoltaic solar power plant in Lyon County. Over the course of construction, the project will create approximately 100 solar jobs, contribute upwards of $2 million in revenue for local businesses and create enough clean, solar energy to serve nearly 12,000 Nevada homes.
Location: Lyon County, Nevada
Capacity: 19.9 megawatts
Operator: Sierra Pacific Power company d/b/a NV Energy
Technology: SunPower® C7 Tracker
SunPower Corporation is the developer of the project, as well as the engineering, procurement and construction contractor. The project is being built with SunPower® C7 Tracker advanced concentrating photovoltaic technology and will operate emissions-free for 25 years.
Solar Economic Benefits
- Approximately 100 solar jobs created during 8-month construction period
- $1.3 million to $2 million in construction revenue for local businesses
- Additional indirect local economic stimulus from project construction
Solar Environmental Benefits
- High-efficiency solar panels and tracking technology optimize land use1
- Generation of clean, emissions-free solar electricity to power the equivalent of approximately 12,000 Nevada households
- Avoidance of more than 30,000 tons of carbon dioxide emissions per year—the equivalent of removing almost 6,400 cars from the road2
- “Light-on-land” construction and operation practices avoid adverse environmental impacts
- 1. Highest out of all 2600 panels listed in Photon International, Feb 2012
- 2. PA Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator, http://www.epa.gov/cleanenergy/energy-resources/calculator.html
For more information about the Fort Churchill Solar Project, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and preferred method of contact (phone number or email address) within your inquiry to ensure a timely response.