Utility Scale Solar, Simplified
The SunPower® Oasis® Power Plant has dramatically simplified large-scale solar.
A typically time-consuming, complicated process has been streamlined with our modular Oasis power blocks.
A Finely Tuned System
The SunPower Oasis power plant is a fully-integrated solution built with cost-optimized power blocks seamlessly integrated into a turnkey energy solution. High-density, SunPower power blocks are designed to maximize energy output and follow the contours of your land for optimal energy production.
Oasis Accelerates Energy Delivery
Lower LCOE through Robotic Cleaning
- 75% Less Water - Only 1/4 liter of water used per panel vs. more than 1 liter of water per panel using manual cleaning methods.
- 10x Faster and Scalable - 5 MWdc cleaned in one ten-hour shift with a two-person, four robot team vs. 0.5 MWdc for the same size team, in the same time frame using manual cleaning methods.
- Cleans at Night - Avoids disruption during daytime energy-producing hours.
Lowest Annual System Output Degradation
Oasis 1.5-MW Power Blocks come in a variety of configurations yet maintain standardization in engineering, procurement and installation.
SunPower Oasis Components:
- SunPower C1 Single-Axis Tracker
- Smart Inverter Station
- Standard DC Electrical
- SunPower Tracker Monitoring and Control System
Proven Worldwide Experience
SunPower has designed and installed solar power plants all around the world.
- Over 1.5 GW of Oasis C1 systems operating, in construction, or under contract
- Over 1 GW of trackers in commercial operation
- Over $6 billion of financed projects with SunPower trackers
- Investment-grade rating (Aa2) for Montalto Power Plant from Moody’s*
Utility-scale projects featuring the SunPower Oasis Power Plant include:
- 579 MW Solar Star Projects
- 250 MW California Valley Solar Ranch
- 72 MW Montalto Power Plant in Italy
- *. Investment grade rating for Montalto project bond, Italy, Dec 2010.
Plant Availability: 99%
In data collected between June 2009 and June 2012, SunPower utility scale power plants delivered more than 99% availability,* ensuring that our utility power plant customers get the energy delivery they expect from their solar power plant.
- *. 284MW monitored across 16 SunPower Plants Source: BEW/DNV Engineering, "Availability Evaluation Report," Jan 2013. Requires on-site O&M staff.