Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 5,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
At SunPower, our values govern our relationships with our customers and each other. They enable all our employees around the world, in every kind of job, to understand who we are as a company, what we stand for, and most importantly, how to get the work done. Our values are written to inspire and guide, because how we go about achieving success matters as much as what we achieve.
Put Customers First
- We put the customer at the center of every decision we make
- We create simple and elegant solutions and interactions
- We anticipate challenges and solve them seamlessly
- We collaborate across functions, because working together yields better solutions
- We build powerful partnerships internally and externally
- We focus on what matters with a shared understanding of SunPower’s strategy and goals
- We empower smart decision-making and support the decisions we make
- We encourage risk taking and learn from both success and failure
- We build trust, confidence and decisiveness at all levels
- We are tenacious about finding a better way and improving every day
- We set the industry standard and consistently raise the bar
- We are committed to rapid learning, and we practice constructive feedback and debate to find better solutions
Do the Right Thing
- We always meet our commitments to our customers, our shareholders and each other
- We champion the highest standards of ethics, safety, quality and sustainability
- We take personal responsibility for improving the planet and the communities in which we operate
Resume Highlights: Real estate agent, world traveler
Years at SunPower: 5
Brian keeps close tabs on SunPower’s finances and cash flow. Working in the Finance group, Brian and his colleagues manage the company's worldwide cash and investments. Given the often-volatile state of the world’s economy, Brian says his job is never dull: "Foreign exchange rates change very quickly, directly affecting SunPower. And since it’s not as easy to raise money or get loans as it used to be, we have to be really wise about our cash reserves." Brian is an expert at foreign exchange rates: On vacations he often hops a plane for some far-off land. In one year alone he visited the Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Austria, Ireland, Spain, and England.
At SunPower, Brian says he has the best of both worlds: working for a large company that has a more intimate feel. “Being here, I get exposure to a lot of complex issues; the kind that only large companies typically deal with," he says. “But SunPower also operates like a small company: There’s not a lot of division between management and employees. I get to interact with the senior execs on a regular basis. And, I can see the product of my analytics going to work the next day.
"A self-described "NetFlix addict," Brian admits that he's running out of new movies to rent (that don't fall into the "terrible" category). He hopes his future includes grad school and an MBA. In the meantime, he's looking forward to the challenges his career at SunPower will bring. "It's really cool to work in a place where I experience big, exciting challenges almost every day. But I also appreciate the fact that at SunPower, even the work of entry-level people is respected."
Benefits in the United States include:
- Health & Wellness benefits
- 401k Matching
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Employee Solar Purchase Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Educational Reimbursement
It is SunPower’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. SunPower disapproves of, and will not tolerate, unlawful discrimination against any applicant or employee because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, age, religion, disability, family care status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws.
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.